Sunday, January 14, 2018

80 Day Obsession-not even day 1

Monday, January 15th brings the release of Autumn Calabrese's new program, 80 Day Obsession. I am looking forward to what this program has in store for me. What I didn't expect was what this program has already done for me. It was announced back in October 2017. At that time Autumn started a Facebook Challenge group called Prepare to Be Obsessed. If you think about it, this was a pretty cool thing to do. She knew that if people wanted to do this new program, they would need a base level of fitness. So, not only does she get people excited for a brand new program, she helps them (us) prepare for it by guiding us through all 3 of her programs from the least to the most intense. When the group was offered, I hesitated to join. Could I stick to a plan like this? I decided to take a small step out of my comfort zone and see what happened.
Get a Challenge Pack and connect with me!

As we went through all 3 programs, the release of A Little Obsessed, and learning about timed nutrition, I started to get excited. I had not paid much attention to my results from the program. When the opportunity came up to be a part of a coach test group with Autumn, I did some serious thinking about what I wanted out of all of this. It's not so much about what the results will be physically, though that is a consideration. My thinking is that I needed a push. I needed to be pushed out of my comfort zone and to change the way I think about my health and fitness. I choose healthy most of the time, but something always holds me back from going all in. I figured out that it's fear and a need to have control. I didn't want to feel like I couldn't have something I wanted. 

Seems kind of silly now. I enjoy planning my meals. I enjoy prepping them. Life is so much easier when all I have to do is grab the right meals and go to work. So I joined the test group. I'm committed to timed nutrition. I'm committed to an 80 Day workout and nutrition program. I had Peter take my before pictures today. I was actually dreading having to weigh myself, measure, and take pictures. There are specific rules when you are in a test group for what needs to be in the pictures. By joining and posting in the group, I agree to allow Autumn and Beachbody to use my results in their marketing. I won't be sharing my before pictures here until at least Phase 1 is done, but the best thing happened. I had someone else take my pictures. I usually do mirror selfies and I get super critical. By having someone else take the pictures, I saw myself through their eyes. And I didn't hate the pictures. I also know that my body will go through a lot of changes over the next 80+ days.

I'm ready to take this leap out of my comfort zone. I want to make it the new normal. I'm ready for that. I'm ready to feel good and full of energy every day. I ate every 2-3 hours for 2 weeks. I felt amazing and didn't crave sugar. It was eye opening. I ate more food over the past 2 weeks than I have eaten in months sometimes. I lost weight. I lost inches. I think I'm going to just trust this process and make it happen!

Check out Beachbody through my website!


Stay connected to follow my journey. You can find me on Instagram @gkup25



No comments:

Post a Comment