Saturday, October 21, 2017

Preparing to be OBSESSED!

In just a couple of months, Autumn Calabrese (Beachbody Trainer) is releasing her new program called 80 Day Obsession. There has been a lot of marketing on social media for it and it looks like it's going to be pretty amazing. The whole premise behind the program is that the cast is going through the whole thing from day 1 to day 80 as if they are doing personal training with Autumn. She takes you through 3 phases of workouts and each day/week is different. I have been following some people that are in the test group and watching anything that Autumn posts about the program and the results that people are getting with this are just incredible.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Autumn created a Facebook group for everyone who wanted to get ready to do 80 Day Obsession called "Prepare to Be Obsessed." She is leading us through three of her programs from the "easiest" to the "hardest" in her opinion. We started with 21 Day Fix. I have done a few rounds of this program and by the 3rd week, I get bored. I did push through and get it done. My results were okay. I did not lose weight but I'm trusting the process and know that I will see results. The next program she took us through was Chisel. This is her part of the Hammer & Chisel program that I have started twice and never finished. Doing the Chisel calendar was fun. I am ready for a change after 28 days though! I took measurements at the beginning of this one and will take measurements again tomorrow morning as well.

We start 21 Day Fix Extreme on Monday. I have done this one a couple of times but have never finished it. One time I hurt myself, and another, I let life get in the way. I won't do that this time. I am committed to preparing for the next Autumn Calabrese program! I bought a meal and fitness planner and hope that it will get here early on Monday so that I can get this week's plan into it. I feel like the motivation to complete a program will be high if I have something that I can journal in. I also think that it will help me plan ahead and stick to the plan each week. I always plan ahead. I have trouble sticking to it!

If you follow me on instagram or facebook, I'm sure you've seen my posts with the #preparetobeobsessed hashtag. I feel like I'm truly using this group to prepare to do the new program. 80 Day Obsession is the first program that not only includes an eating and meal plan guide, but also teaches timed nutrition to get the most out of the food that goes into your body. I have never tried this before but I'm looking forward to the challenge and learning a lot. I'm also hoping that in 80 days, it will become such a habit that I won't want to stop!

I'm also counting on this facebook group to get me through the holidays since the new program comes out in January.

I have just a short reflection on what the group has done for me so far. This focus on fitness and nutrition with over 18,000 other people in the US, Canada, and now possibly the UK has helped me shift my thinking about food. I know that if I plan, I will get the foods that I need and stick to the plan. Food is slowly becoming fuel rather than a tool for emotions, stress, and celebrations. I really hope that by the time 80 Day Obsession comes out, I will have fully made the transition to food=fuel!

I'll keep you posted. Let me know if you want in on all of this awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment