Sunday, May 21, 2017

Finding the Motivation

Being a teacher in May is a struggle. Not only are students ready for summer, I am also ready for a break. This means coming home after work burned out and tired!

I am not a morning person. I don't like to move or even pretend to function when I first get out of bed. It takes me a good 30 minutes to feel human. Can I workout in the morning? Sure. Have I done it before? Definitely. Do I prefer it? NOT. AT. ALL.

So, that leaves working out when I get home from work. I am blessed with a babysitter that doesn't mind keeping my kiddos for one more hour while I run home and get my workout in. The boys prefer to stay and play with their friends while I work out. It's a win-win for me and for them. We are extremely thankful for Ann.

When I get home from work, I'm tired. I feel like sitting on the couch, messing around on my phone and social media, or reading on my Kindle.

Sometimes, there is nothing remotely motivating about changing into workout clothes and getting sweaty and tired.

Sometimes, the motivation actually comes after I push myself to just go through the motions. About halfway through a workout, I am both thankful that I did it, and wishing it were over!

So, if the motivation isn't there, and I have to force myself to do this everyday, why do I do it?

Because I've been on the other side. I know what it's like to absolutely hate my body. I know what it's like to think I'm worthless and disgusting. I know what it's like to feel hopeless. Like there is nothing I can really do to change my situation.

Even after losing 50+ pounds, I still feel that way at times. What I have gained from Beachbody is priceless. I pay around $100.00 a year to access over 500 workouts with calendars.  That means I get to change things up constantly. I never get bored and I can workout at whatever time works for me. Daily motivation becomes a non-issue. AND I feel 1,000 times better about myself.
My happy hour is what I make it!



No comments:

Post a Comment